When a loss occurs it is time to start the process of filing a claim, getting repairs done and moving forward. However the loss occurred, it’s important to assess the damage immediately and put your ‘in case of emergency” plans into action.
- As soon as possible, contact your Allied Trust Insurance agent to notify them of the damage or mishap and begin the claims process.
- Do not begin the clean up or repair process until you have spoken to your insurance agent, unless there are items that are still presenting harm to you and your family.
- Report outages, downed power lines, gas leaks to the appropriate authorities.
- In cases of water damage from inside the home, turn off the main water supply to your home and wait for a professional to assess the issue before turning it back on again.
- If needed, arrange for temporary housing and take precautions to protect your property from further harm by securing doors and windows.
- Once the insurance claim process has begun, your agent and adjuster can give valuable advice and information on dealing with reputable companies for repairs and recovery.
Call Allied Trust Insurance as soon as is possible when a loss occurs, we can start helping immediately and are here when you need us. We are here for you 24 hours a day 7 days a week for your convenience.