Peace of Mind
Insurance coverage should give you peace of mind, you’ve done the planning and have your bases covered in case of an accident, loss or emergency. But having insurance shouldn’t be the end of your preparedness. Allied Trust Insurance has some helpful home safety tips to help safeguard your home, protect your assets, and avoid additional risks.
- Having a home inventory checklist is a great first start to helping you assess your belongings and their locations inside your home.
- Protect your home from fires by installing smoke detectors and checking the batteries at least once a year. Have a working fire extinguisher ready, and never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Make sure you store important documents, such as your insurance policy or mortgage papers, in a safe-deposit or fireproof box.
- Have a disaster preparedness kit stored away in case of emergencies.
- Protect your home from burglary with an up-to-date home alarm system, and always lock your doors and windows.
- Have your home’s systems (heating/furnace, water heater, fireplace, etc.) mitigate malfunctions that may damage your home.
Allied Trust Insurance wants you and your family to be safe and well-informed. With common sense and preparation, you can prevent accidents and mishaps. Talk to an agent today about more basic safety tips and how you can protect your family today.
Allied Trust Resources:
- Candle Safety Tips
- Cooking Safety Tips
- Dogs & Kids
- Dryer Safety Tips
- Electrical Safety Tips
- Escape Planning
- Generator Safety Tips
- Grilling Safety Tips
- Heating Safety Tips
- Lightning Safety Tips
- Microwave Safety Tips
- Outdoor Electrical Safety Tips
- Preventing Christmas Tree Fires
- Smoke Alarms
- Smoke Alarm Disability
- Smoking Safety Tips
- Thanksgiving Safety Tips
- Wildfire Safety Tips
- Wood Pellet Stove Safety Tips