After a loss occurs you begin the process of having repairs made, it can be extremely helpful to stay in touch with your Allied Trust Insurance agent. Our agents have resources and information that can help guide you in choosing reputable contractors that can help you ensure that your repair costs are covered by your claim.
When repairing your home:
- Conduct a thorough search for contractors
- Find a few contractors to choose from and have options.
- Talk to friends, family, and neighbors and ask for referrals for good contractors.
- Get a list of licensed contractors from the National Assoc. of the Remodeling Industry.
- Check credentials and work history
- You may want to consider looking only for contractors who:
- Are licensed/bonded in your state.
- Have liability and workers’ compensation insurance.
- Have no court records for liens, lawsuits, or complaints
Call Allied Trust Insurance as soon as is possible when a loss occurs to begin the process of repairing damage and getting life back to normal. The Allied Trust claims team is here for you 24 hours a day 7 days a week for your convenience.